Through ordinary usage, your pipelines face many difficulties. Blockages, sudden temperature changes, long-term corrosion and even roots can all cause big problems to your plumbing.
When your pipework is worn away, cracked or broken by roots, you might assume that replacement is your best solution. However, installing entirely new pipes is expensive and time-consuming. You’ll also have to deal with the mess from excavating the old piping.
Fortunately, pipe relining is the far greater option. Not only is it less intrusive, the replacement is actually stronger than a whole replacement pipe would’ve been. Trust local specialists for pipe relining solutions in Sydney and lower your long-term costs and stress.
What is Pipe Relining?
Pipe relining is a method of repairing damaged or broken pipelines without needing to physically dig down. Materials such as polyester, silicate and epoxy resin are used, which actually outperform typical PVC pipes, making the technique a brilliant long-term solution.
The basic steps of the process are as follows:
- The plumber uses a camera to locate and identify damage to the pipe
- Hot air is pushing through the piping to completely dry the surface, while sand is blasted to remove debris.
- The plumber pushes the new piping through, which is coated in sticky resin
- The new piping is inflated once in place, completely sealing any cracks.
- As the resin cures, the two pipes are bonded together.
Pipe relining is a fairly modern answer, so many are unaware of this clean and cost-effective way to repair damaged pipelines. If you’re considering this service, feel free to give us a call and discuss options.
Why have Pipes Relined?
There are plenty of reasons why one would prefer storm-water or sewer pipe relining services over traditional repairs:
- Less Disturbance: excavating pipes to lay replacements is hard work, which will take up a great deal of time and cause a major mess. You may not realise how much of the pipeline must be dug out, meaning the work can quickly make its way to your garden or pathways. This extensive damage to your property is unnecessary hassle that incurs huge costs.
- Cost-effective: The cost to reline pipes is relatively low, largely because no heavy machinery is required for trenching and there’s minimal clean-up after the work is done. With less intensive labour required, you save money. For larger jobs, these savings will be in the thousands.
- Superior Durability: As counterintuitive as it seems, the materials used to reline pipes are actually more durable than PVC pipes, with manufacturers typically offering a 50-year warranty. Compared with repeatedly repairing pipes in the conventional fashion, pipe relining is far less stressful. As the pipework doesn’t require repairing again, the investment is far more rewarding in the long-term.
Pipe relining is also faster than the conventional route, which is especially the case for hard-to-reach areas. The procedure prevents any damage from exacerbating and improves flow rate. The new pipe fits perfectly against the old, even at tight bends and changes in diameter.
How much does Pipe Relining cost?
As a general guideline, trenchless pipe repair costs between $80 and $250 USD per foot, whilst traditional replacement comes in at $50 to $250 USD per foot. There are, however, various added costs for trenched repairs that aren’t immediately obvious:
- Resulting Damage: if your pipeline is directly below a street, pathway or ground-level fixture, you will need to replace anything disturbed by the repairs. In such a case, you could easily be doubling your final bill.
- Future Repairs: patching or replacing a broken pipe is not an effective long-term solution, so you will be inviting the future costs of repeat repair work. Relining your pipes, on the other hand, means you don’t have to worry about maintenance for decades.
- Temporary Facilities: you may have to install temporary measures to deal with the affected pipework, including redirecting water or renting a portable chemical toilet.
When it comes to pipe repair, there are many cost factors. In almost all scenarios, pipe relining will be cheaper than traditional repairs. If you’d like to estimate your costs, get in touch with us today for an honest discussion.
We offer extensive plumbing services in and around the Sydney area. If you’re having any plumbing issue, our expert technicians are ready to help. Your best pipe relining solutions local to Sydney is just a call away!
Is pipe relining worth it?
Plumbing is an important element of home infrastructure. The uninterrupted operation of water supply and heating systems in a private house depends on its high-quality installation, selection of materials and proper operation. As a rule, the leakage is formed in the body of the pipe or at the joints. In such a situation, the customer should immediately start overhauling the pipeline. A major overhaul of a water pipe can be caused by a leak resulting from corrosion of the pipe walls. In this case, it is necessary to replace the damaged elements with a preliminary analysis of the entire connection. Such work can only be performed by professionals. Qualified plumbers have experience in partial replacement of pipes and overhaul of plumbing with a guarantee!
How long does pipe relining last?
Old pipes need to be urgently replaced in two situations: at the end of the service life or during the overhaul of the bathroom in an apartment building. Metal strapping can be affected by corrosion, which also requires urgent replacement. The maximum service life of the metal is 25 years. Sometimes the pipes work longer, but after a quarter of a century it is recommended to replace them to avoid problems. The shelf life of plastic pipes is twice as high for hot and cold water pipes. Some manufacturers give a guarantee of one century. The process of pipe relining is planned or emergency. The first type of replacement is standard, as the system wears out. The second – in the event of an unexpected pipe break or leak.
How much does pipe relining cost?
The installation and replacement of plumbing, together with the replacement of old water pipes, is the competence of experienced plumbers. Professional masters carry out any installation work quickly, efficiently and with a guarantee. If the cost of pipe relining is an urgent issue for you, the online manager of plumbing services will announce the approximate cost of the work. A more accurate amount is calculated after the departure of the brigade. Emergency calls from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. are paid more. After signing the contract, they will promptly and accurately dismantle old pipes, ensuring high-quality replacement with modern materials. After that the customer accepts a new water supply according to the acts of work performed.
Is pipe relining safe?
If old communications cause constant problems – they constantly flow, forming condensation. The homeowners are tired of regularly cleaning them from blockages or calling plumbing teams. In order to forget about these issues, it’s better to conduct pipe relining. However, performing this plumbing work, even if you have tools and materials on your own, is a responsible and difficult task. Turning to the plumbers from professional service, you get a new turnkey plumbing. High quality and experienced masters will go to the site, check the condition, take measurements and offer the best options in terms of price and quality with a guarantee!